e-mail addresses lost

JACC 21:36 05 Jul 04

I rececently had a problem with someone (who said it wasn't him)downloading stuff from the internet that corrupted the Registry,and after inspection the hard drive had to be formatted.I had XP installed but lost all our own e mail addresses , can you tell how to get them back.I use Outlook Express 6

VoG II 21:39 05 Jul 04

If you have formatted the disk, they have gone.

Wrong 21:53 05 Jul 04

If you have a ISP that uses webmail there still might be a copy on there servers if you logon to your account

I have BTyahoo accounts and they stay on for 10 days..I ve set Outlook to delete them after that

Night Ryder 21:59 05 Jul 04

VoG™
is correct. You should have exported your contacts to a file before you formatted the drive. Do you have a second PC somewhere ... perhaps at work or something. If your contacts are there you should be able to export them to say .. a floppy then import them to the PC you just re formatted. Other possibilities. If you have something like a "Hotmail" account you may find your contacts there. You'll have to access this account via Internet Explorer as opposed to Outlook Express to retrieve them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…