E-Mail address sending messages

mark3986 16:00 08 Jun 11

Hi my personal e-mail address keeps sending loads of messages to my contacts and i dont know how to stop it im getting loads of messages saying delivery notiforcation failure but my mums got a message about single parents working from home from my email and i dont know how.

Taff™ 16:32 08 Jun 11

Is this a hotmail address or one assigned by your ISP? Are these being sent to your address book contacts and if so which address book? If it`s your hotmail account change your password immediately.

mark3986 16:37 08 Jun 11

yes hotmail and the people in my email contacts.how could this of happened tho because ive got avira,super,mbam and spyware blaster with ccleaner

Taff™ 16:54 08 Jun 11

Are you saying that you use an e-mail client such as Windows Mail or Outlook, installed on your machine along with the relevant address book to whom these e-mails are being sent?

tullie 17:07 08 Jun 11

Change your password.

lotvic 21:36 08 Jun 11

Before you change your password, make sure you have configured an alternate email address for new password to be sent to:

Add an Alternate Email Address to Your Windows Live Hotmail Account

To add an email address to your Windows Live Hotmail account for use in case of a lost password:

* Go to Windows Live Account in your browser.
* Follow the Add or change your alternate e-mail address link.
* Type your Windows Live Hotmail password under Password:.
* Enter the new alternate email address under both 'Type alternate e-mail address' and 'Retype alternate e-mail address'
* Click Save.
* Now click OK.

or maybe this way ClickHere or ClickHere and check existing or add one

lotvic 21:42 08 Jun 11

sorry about the funny layout, I shouldn't have put those darned * in. It looked ok in preview box though.

Before you change your password, make sure you have configured an alternate email address for new password to be sent to:

Add an Alternate Email Address to Your Windows Live Hotmail Account

To add an email address to your Windows Live Hotmail account for use in case of a lost password:

1 Go to Windows Live Account in your browser.

2 Follow the Add or change your alternate e-mail address link.

3 Type your Windows Live Hotmail password under Password:.

4 Enter the new alternate email address under both 'Type alternate e-mail address' and 'Retype alternate e-mail address'

5 Click Save.

6 Now click OK.

or maybe this way ClickHere or ClickHere and check existing or add one

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…