E-MAIL ADDRESS

OLD CODGER 16:36 11 Aug 04

Is it possable to keep my current e-mail address if I change my IPS

Big Trev 17:02 11 Aug 04

You'll have to change it once initially, but if you have a look for Hosteroute on the Internet you can get an e-mail addres with them at nominal cost and keep it whichever ISP you use.

Doesn't work with AOL though, if you want to use Outlook Express to manage your e-mail.

I use them and they have been very good.

spikeychris 17:13 11 Aug 04

I don't think its that simple Big Trev, it depends on what type of email account OLD CODGER is using now. The hosteroute option will cost a fiver a month and it looks like its just an auto-responder.

OLD CODGER who provides you with an account now and what service are you going to take up?

spikeychris 17:17 11 Aug 04

Just noticed you typed "You'll have to change it once initially"...didnt see that at first.

OLD CODGER 17:21 11 Aug 04

I am with AOL and am thinking of going to Bulldog Broadband

smokingbeagle 17:43 11 Aug 04

click here
You get an address for life, free. It's a mail forwarding service and no spam in the 3 y+years that I have been using them.

spikeychris 18:33 11 Aug 04

The only way you can keep your AOL account is to keep paying 'em. You could drop to the basic account (whatever that is) but you ain't got a chance to take it with you for nowt.

bellababy 01:40 12 Aug 04

I have just returned from Ireland where for various reasons I accumulated several e-mail address's I can access them all by using my 'mailwasher'programme, and then download those I select too outlook express. My isp is currently AOL though stangely so far I'm unable to use my 'mailwasher' for this mail. you can get 'mail washer' from click here for free, this will allow one mail address if you want extra you will need the 'pro' version, this is not free.

bellababy 01:43 12 Aug 04

All my address's are free mail.

spikeychris 09:45 12 Aug 04

The free version of mailwasher isn't compatible with AOL. You will need MailWasher Pro.

cga 09:53 12 Aug 04

If you are thinking of going to an email address that is indipendant of your ISP, (generally a good thing with many advantages), choose wisely. If you plan on making purchases over the net there are many e-retailers that will not accept the more obvious free addresses (Hotmail etc.).

I finally bit the bullet and went with Lycos premium mail where I have my own domain name and still get the advantage of web access when away - but it does cost. Still hapy with it though.

There are many other options like this to choose from.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…