//some 3rd party need geo

Mr "B" 17:06 15 Jun 06

Hi, i need help sorting out a e-mail account, I've manually set up an internet connection with a password and user name which being used on an older computer but now i need to set up the e-mails, i've tried pretty much everything i know and still no joy. It brings up an error saying the server is not recognised, this is because i used to have this PC with freeserve and i have now given the PC to my parents who are currently are using virgin.net. I've changed as much as i can and also added new user accounts in the options menu and made them the default! Can anyone please shed some light on this please.

mgmcc 17:21 15 Jun 06

You need to set up your email program (Outlook Express?) for whichever ISP's mail service you are now using. The information you need for this is:

- Name (as it appears in outgoing messgaes)
- Email address
- Account Username
- Account Password
- ISP's POP3 (incoming) mail server
- ISP's SMTP (outgoing) mail server

There are step-by-step instructions for setting up Virgin with Outlook Express at click here

Mr "B" 17:25 15 Jun 06

I have done all of that and doubled checked it so it matches with the internet connection but still brings up this error.

Josho™ 18:29 15 Jun 06

Delete all accounts.

Manage accounts.

Add new one

- Name (as it appears in outgoing messgaes)
- Email address
- Account Username
- Account Password
- ISP's POP3 (incoming) mail server
- ISP's SMTP (outgoing) mail server (thanks mgmcc!)
"Pop.virgin.net"
"smtp.virgin.net"

Mr "B" 19:43 15 Jun 06

Cheers all, i'll give it a whirl.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…