E: Drive not working

Janine1981 17:16 15 Oct 07

I got a new computer about a month ago and have added some music and some of my old picture to it through the disc they where backed up on but then turned my computer on to load up some more but it just won't accept it. i go into the desktop and click on the E: drive and try to load any discs i have inserted but it just spits it back and asks to insert a disc. I have looked inside but all leads connected fine. Anyone any idea what could be wrong and how to resolve the problem?

Thanks Janine

Stuartli 18:35 15 Oct 07

Looking at leads or cables doesn't confirm that they are securely fixed...:-)

Check that they are properly inserted and, if OK, Uninstall the drive in Device Manager and then reboot.

Windows should Find New Hardware and reinstall the basic CDROM driver.

Janine1981 20:01 15 Oct 07

I have tried all of the above checked the leads taken them out reinserted them all that but still no joy anyone have any other ideas?

woodchip 20:31 15 Oct 07

Do you mean you put photos on a DVD????

Janine1981 20:34 15 Oct 07

yes they went on fine it was then when i started loading the music on it wouldn't load all of it then hasn't worked since. and can't even get the disc for my printer or phone to load up.

woodchip 20:40 15 Oct 07

Did you use Nero or XP's own Burner program? If you used Nero, You should choose Multisession

Janine1981 20:47 15 Oct 07

yeah did use multisession. but why isn't the driver working on any disc whether it is a burnt one or not?

woodchip 20:50 15 Oct 07

Drive may have developed a fault, What you can try is this. Go to Device Manager right click on Optical Drive and choose uninstall, Restart computer it will reload the drive, Then try it to see if it now works

Janine1981 20:55 15 Oct 07

already done that as the first person adviced me nothing changed.

Janine1981 22:32 15 Oct 07

please anyone help not sure what else to try just can't understand how it worked fine one minute then not the next. bloody computers are nothing but a pain in the bum for me.

skidzy 22:47 15 Oct 07

Try this click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…