e-bay spam

User-312386 09:39 03 Sep 04

Hi all

I have just received a notification alledgeing to be e-bay, advsing that

"Dear eBay User,
During our regular update and verification of the accounts, we could not verify your current information. Either your information has changed or it is incomplete.
As a result, your access to bid or buy on eBay has been restricted.
According to our site policy you will have to confirm that you are the real owner of the eBay account by log in and complete the form that will pop up or else your account will be suspended without the right to register again with eBay.

After you will login please verify your information in order to complete this verification.

Thank you

eBay Customer Support"

It looks authentic although i do not believe it to be real as i have logged in via e-bay ok.

So do NOT respond or log in via this e-mail as it appears to be phishing for e-bay accounts

pj123 10:47 03 Sep 04

Yes, and there is another one as well. I just got this one this morning

Quote. eBay request: Pay your fees to eBay.

Dear eBay customer,

Due to our new services you have to pay for your eBay service fees. You can pay with your credit/debit card. eBay will ask for your credit/debit card only once. eBay will charge your account once per month. However you will receive a confirmation request in 24 hours after the credit/debit card is authorized.
You have 24 hours from the time that you receive this e-mail to complete this request.

To make the funds available to us please follow this link: (I haven't put the link in, obviously)

Followed by: Quote. eBay will request personal data (password, credit card/bank numbers, and so on) in this email.

Thank you for using eBay! Unquote.

As I don't have an eBay account it has to be a scam.

If you get one just forward it to [email protected] and they will deal.

Just had a response from eBay (10.19 today)advising me that this email did not originate from them and they are investigating it.

So, once again guys, be on your guard.

User-312386 20:21 03 Sep 04

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant