Dyslexic help - please

Rtus 18:47 30 May 05

Machines are recomended on click here > Alphasmart 3000 > Dana > & the Neo Does anyone have any experiance with these ?

Rtus 19:33 30 May 05

Or would a laptop + SRS be a better choice ? The questions for those who have been help by these devices or alternatives(laptops-with voice recognition)

Any input on the subject would be welcome
..Thanks..

Rtus 20:26 30 May 05

refreshing to bring to top ....

Totally-braindead 21:10 30 May 05

Wish I could help Rtus but if you hadn't provided a link to the website I would have thought this was a windup as I didn't know such a thing existed. Sorry I can't help but good luck. Think I should point out though that from what I have seen on the site most of the help is with the software and therefore almost any computer would be as good, providing of course you bought the software as well.

Rtus 21:31 30 May 05

hmm' I had wondered why few responses.LOL..far from a wind up ,though Ive never been good at descriptive titles.. Im trying to find out from users of such machines if they feel they help in comparison to say a laptop. The prices of the Alphasmart A3000, Dana , Neo seem steep ,As far as I can find data on them , 1 uses infra red/ wireless,(Presumably Lan) connection to Pc The Dana seems easy with USB available. The Neo I didnt like the look of (however thats just me )I know a young girl who desperately needs help from such a device & I want to ensure the moneys spent on the most useful unit

Totally-braindead 21:39 30 May 05

Could you point out where it recommends these particular computers as I can't find them listed.

Totally-braindead 21:46 30 May 05

Sorry but I think we're on cross purposes here I was looking at the PCs they sell but having just done a google search the Alphasmart a3000 is not really that at all. click here

Totally-braindead 21:50 30 May 05

Can't help but still thinking about this, can the school help with either a recommendation or the loan of something like this or what about the Adult thing for people who have problems with reading and writing, sorry but I can't remember what its called. Adult Learning Centre or something like it?

Rtus 21:51 30 May 05
  Rtus 22:07 30 May 05

Some years back my son was diagnosed as Word blind , not dyslexic.in this case a sharp fontwriter was recomended, (We certainly couldnt afford a laptop)this worked fine as he could type away when needed & we could proof it later at home..it wasnt too clever at transfering the file into M/S progs however after the I-T change over at the schools My son borrowed a LEA laptop for his use.
In this case the school are recomending a Alphasmart.but I-T's not the teachers strongest subject no disrespect to her intended.

Totally-braindead 22:15 30 May 05

Know exactly what you're saying. A decent PC can definately do all that these items can do, at least from what I've been able to read about on the web but I really can't help as I've never even seen one of these things far less used one, so I've no idea how good they are. If you bought a PC then I presume you'd have to buy all the software and that may turn out to be far too expensive. Maybe someone else will jump in with some advice. Good luck anyway.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…