dynamic versus basic

milf 04:30 11 Nov 04

My 120 gb secondary drive is formatted in dynamic now and I want to return it to basic, but when I format it again it stays in dynamic. Is it better to leave it in dynamic or should I somehow return it to basic? It is not partitioned and will be used to store music files. I am running a Pentium III 450 w/windows 2000 professional and an upgraded BIOS that recognizes the drive.
Thanks for any assistance, Dan

TomJerry 09:44 11 Nov 04

Do you know any partition program support dynamic volumn re-partition? Parition Magic cannot do it.

ventanas 12:15 11 Nov 04

If you convert back to basic you will lose all data on the disc. But you have probably already done that by formatting.

To convert you must first delete all the volumes on the dynamic disc. Right click My Computer and choose Manage. Click Disc Management in the left window. Right click on the volume(s) you want to delete and choose Delete. The in the same window again right click the disc and choose Convert to Basic Disk.

Completealias 12:34 11 Nov 04

You could give killdisk a try click here. It securly deletes any info on a drive but also any partioning and formating that has been used. Can be put on a bootable floopy.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…