Dynamic IP Address stays the same

FatboySlim71 09:17 11 Nov 08

My ISP is Fast . co . uk. Now has far as I know I have a dynamic IP address. I have emailed my ISP to ask them if I have been put onto a static IP address but I thought I would post a question on here to see if anyone knows how to change my IP address in the mean time.

Usually if I switched my modem router off at the power point, the next time I switched it back on my IP address was different, but when I do this now my IP address remains the same.

I have Vista and was wondering if anyone knows how to change the IP address. I have tried a few where you use the Command prompt but it didn't make any difference. Any help would be much appreciated.

FatboySlim71 10:22 11 Nov 08

I have since had a reply back from my ISP which says,

We still use dynamic IP addresses, however a number of our control pipes are currently using "sticky" IP's where by you'll get assigned the same IP when you reconnect under certain circumstances, it's so that we can manage our network more efficiently in the short term, whilst things move over to ADSL2+ and the 21CN network.

If you Power off the router for a longer period you should connect to a different central, and get an IP from a different range.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now