Dynamic graphics

Anyone know just exactly what they are and are they any use for gaming?

I have been toying with the idea of renewing my 7 year old steam powered pc and have seen this click here which took my fancy but I can't find anything out about dynamic graphics, the salesman was rather vague, in fact I don't think he knew himself.

Would be grateful for any info.

I am Spartacus 22:11 11 Apr 07

I think it means that it's onboard and uses system memory as required up to 256MB.

citadel 22:20 11 Apr 07

I would say graphics are integrated on the motherboard as they use system memory, this is no good for gaming. A graphics card is always best on a pc for gaming.

*A graphics card is always best on a pc for gaming.*

Exactly, when I pointed this out to the salesman he tried to make out that the pc in question had a graphics card (but he didn't know which type)and could *borrow* extra memory when needed.

All sounded rather odd to me!

woodchip 22:32 11 Apr 07

It's a bit like Cars, If you read the back of them TDI = Turbo Diesel Injection. All Diesels have to be Injection but it looks good and makes people think who I like the look of that

citadel 22:46 11 Apr 07

if you are getting a new pc for gaming one with a dx10 graphics card will be best. depending on how much you can afford 8800gtx 8800gts and soon various 8600 cards that will be more affordable.

Yes, thanks for that, been reading about the new dx10 graphics card and I think that is the way to go, appreciate your advice.

Think I will leave the Comet pc alone.

SteveWH 23:07 11 Apr 07

Says on the site that the graphics card has its own 256MB memory but that it can also borrow system memory when needed.

That's the problem SteveWH, I can't find out what the graphics card is and no-one at Comet seems to know either.

Not much help on the Fujitsu-Siemans site, no mention of a graphics card there??

Totally-braindead 00:30 12 Apr 07

Further to what SteveWH says it also says that it has no dedicated graphics which to me would mean no graphics card but no onboard graphics which means what?
I can see how you are confused. Also no mention as to whether it has a PCI Express slot.

I think you're right to leave it, better with a standard PC like this click here more expensive I admit but it has twice the memory, a really good PC case and a good graphics card, The Comet one is an unknown quantity especially for that money.

Thank you for the advice all, Novatech it is.

That Comet pc is just too confusing for me, I still don't know what dynamic graphics are. :o(

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…