Dynamic Disks Unreadable

#MercyLink# 14:17 24 Aug 05

I was messing about this morning trying to install Windows 98 onto a bootable USB key (dont ask! sufficed to say, I failed) and when I gave up and rebooted back into XP, my main storage (non-system drive) dynamic disk reads as unreadable in disk mananger. (click here for a picture.)

I think 98 setup might have somehow corrupted the dynamic disk but im not sure how as its a SATA RAID0.

Id really apprechiate suggestions of what to do!

Monument 14:59 24 Aug 05

If you right click on the right hand section and choose 'Import foreign disk' (ithink that is the right wording) that will open the disk.

AndySD 15:01 24 Aug 05
  #MercyLink# 15:09 24 Aug 05

The disk isnt reported as foreign, its just reported as unreadable. Im aware you have to import foreign disks, I do it every time I reinstall windows to get access to my data. The partition is normaly assigned the drive letter D:\ and this appears in my computer but when I double click it, it says "This drive is not formatted, would you like to format it now?" but I cant because I have important data on the disk.

woodchip 15:25 24 Aug 05

And one hear for you to look at click here

click here

click here

#MercyLink# 15:30 24 Aug 05

OK ive come to the conclusion that windows 98 has re-written the partition table and it needs to be written back to match the dynamic disk database thing at the end of the drive so how would I go about doing that?

AndySD 15:41 24 Aug 05

click here maybe

#MercyLink# 15:58 24 Aug 05

I tried DiskProbe but it looks extremely complicated and I dont know how to use it to save the master boot record.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…