Dymo Label Printer

Daiol 17:57 PM 21 May 12
Answered

Good day to all,I have a Dymo 310 label printer had it for some time been working well must have printed thousands of labels. Now over the past few labels I have noticed that the print is not so good as its been,The question is.Is it the printer at fault or maybe the rolls of labels,Must say that I have had the stock of labels for some time bought from ebay some moons ago. Any help here please printer or maybe labels??. Many thanks in advance.

wiz-king 18:13 PM 21 May 12

You can use the head cleaning sheet that came with it - if you can find it! Or, just put a length of fairly stiff rough surfaced paper with some alcohol on through the machine. The labels last a long time but tend to loose their stickiness.

When we had lots of these printers I got adept at taking the heads off to clean but it is fiddly and the dot matrix head is sharp - I have cuts to the fingers to prove it. I now use Zebra label printers and print everything from Word, the later Dymos can only be used with DYmo labels an I wanted a size they dont do.

Daiol 18:27 PM 21 May 12

Thanks for reply,No I have no cleaning card had printer a very long time maybe 4 years,Did try a piece of card in though end product 'no joy'Text bit spoty. Regarding the 'Zebra label printers'Did have a look at them rather pricey printers you must use then for pro work. Thanks.

wiz-king 18:59 PM 21 May 12
Answer

I do a few labels -- about 500,000 a year -- but mainly only about 10 of any one type -- thats why we store them as Word docs!

Daiol 19:42 PM 21 May 12

thanks.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites