grove34 23:26 29 Jan 03

i've thinking about buying one of these since i saw one on a graphics card box in pc world , it came with the card and i can only assume that it makes a difference to the signal from the card to the monitor.

i've got a proview 17" tft.

will it make a difference.

this is what it looks like click here

AndySD 23:54 29 Jan 03

Its to covert the Digital out on the graphics card so a standard monitor can be used. As far as I know it will make no difference to your tft display if it connects to the PC graphics card by a VGA connetor. If you wish to see a difference and your tft monitor can connet to a DVI socket then you will need to get a graphics card that has the socket on it.

DieSse 23:55 29 Jan 03

If you are already using your VGA connector on the monitor to the VGA output connector on your graphics card (which I assume you must be) - then this adapter is totally unnecessary for you.

It's only for use with graphics cards that have ONLY a DVI ouput, to enable them to work with a standard VGA input monitor.

DieSse 23:56 29 Jan 03

grove34 23:58 29 Jan 03

thanx i'll save up for a tft thats got a dvi input on then instead (donations welcome lol)

thanx again saved me 8 quid.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…