//some 3rd party need geo

DVI or VGA

SDJ 23:35 04 Jan 03
  SDJ 23:35 04 Jan 03

One final question before I go and buy a new graphics card, am I right in saying that a card with VGA and DVI, which seems to be the norm these days will enable me to connect my sony crt monitor and a tft screen thus having dual display?
I also am I right in saying that not all tft screens have DVI but hopefully by the time I can afford one of these they probably will all be DVI

DieSse 00:35 05 Jan 03

No, you must look at the card specs carefully. Most DVI connectors are to use instead of VGA, not as well as.

You are correct that not all TFTs are DVI.

DVI is intrinsically better than VGA, but whether this always means a better picture in practice depends on other factors as well.

SDJ 10:40 05 Jan 03

Thanks for that, I just assumed that when a card spec didnt mention it it was because they forgot to mention it!
Sounds daft but I have seen a few makes where the lower spec has mentioned dual display whereas the higher spec has not.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…