DVI-D connection

Heefie 08:50 AM 23 Aug 12

I have a Philips Brilliance 220C Monitor which has a DVI-D input socket, but the wide pin, away from the bank of pins, is 3mm wide. Apart from the cable I have been using (presumably supplied with it, I can't recall) which fits into the socket perfectly, every other DVI-D plug I have will NOT fit into the socket as the wide pin is about 6mm across !!! Is this usual ? Is there a code for this size / type of plug, or is this so that I can only use Philips cables and adapters ?!?

Any ideas / help ?!?

rdave13 11:04 AM 23 Aug 12

I think your other cables are DVI-I. Have a look here and scroll down a bit for the images.

Heefie 12:03 PM 23 Aug 12

Ahhh, you may be right there, I looked at some other diagrams online & I thought the difference between the DVI-D & the DVI-I plugs was to do with the extra plugs around the long plug, but in those pictures you've linked me too, it does look like the DVI-D plugs have a smaller plug than the DVI-D ones ...

Thanks, maybe I just need a simple DVI-D adapter for my needs then, that makes things easier !!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Cyber Monday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Cyber Monday tech deals, sales, discounts & offers

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Harry Potter's graphic designers showcase magical props & posters in new exhibition

Apple rumours & predictions 2016: What to expect from Apple in 2016