DVI connector

s99Raj 13:24 25 May 05

I have a graphics card with both an analog and a DVI connector, and it came with an adaptor.

The monitor I'm looking to buy is the Viewsonic VE902M which seems to have only a 15 pin VGA socket. Will a VGA/DVI adaptor (to the graphics card) be any good or better with this? i.e. if I connect the monitor through the adaptor to the DVI socket on the graphics card will I get a good a picture than if the monitor had DVI too?

Why doesn't such a recent monitor have DVI anyway? Can anyone recommend a good 19 inch monitor with DVI?

Technotiger 13:35 25 May 05

Hi, a brilliant Firm to deal with -

click here

Happy hunting.

SEASHANTY 16:14 25 May 05

Reports on this forum have indicated that the difference between DVI and analogue is mostly negligible so if you are expecting a DVI connection to be a revelation I believe you will be disappointed.

s99Raj 16:16 25 May 05

Thanks but those are far too expensive for me.

My main question is that if I stick the VGA plug from the monitor into the VGA-to-DVI adaptor, will I get a good a picture as if I had a DVI connection on the monitor? Otherwise what's the point of the adapter?

s99Raj 16:21 25 May 05

I see (SEASHANY) so there's nothing amazing about DVI then? I've just bought a graphics card with both DVI and VGa connectors hoping the DVI mwould be much clearer or better in some way.

s99Raj 16:23 25 May 05

Does anyone have any views on ViewSonic monitors?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…