DVI connection

BLH 16:31 13 Dec 04

Hi, I want to upgrade to a LCD screen, but I only have a VGA connector on my G/card is there any way I can connect a (DVI) LCD display to this.
Thanks

SurfMonkey _#:@}™ 16:38 13 Dec 04

do u have a 1394 port on you pc if so you can get a lead that goes from dvi source to pc

BLH 16:42 13 Dec 04

SurfMonkey no 1394 port, I just wondered if there was an adapter for it,

TomJerry 17:22 13 Dec 04

the vast majority of LCD screen (I say 95%) have VGA connection. Some (say 50%) with both DVI and VFA. Only very few (5%) with dvi only.

Arthur Scrimshaw 20:07 13 Dec 04

I've got a spare vga to dvi converter you can have if you want it. Drop me an email and I'll post it to you.

BLH 20:11 13 Dec 04

Thanks all that's a big help, thanks again.

The Belarussian Mafia 20:17 13 Dec 04

Assuming BLH avails himself of Arthur Scrimshaw's generous offer, the following link is for anyone else wishing to purchase the said item: click here

BLH 20:29 13 Dec 04

The Belarussian Mafia.
thanks for the address, I have already looked on this site, but I could only find DVI to VGA not VGA to DVI but knowing me I probably missed it.

TomJerry 21:01 13 Dec 04

no such thing as vga to dvi converter

freaky 21:44 13 Dec 04

The majority of 17" Flat Panel Displays have 2 sockets, one for VGA and one for DVI. If you want to use this type of monitor for games/videos then you want a graphic card that has TV out & DVI. If you are only going to use it for text then no problem. If the reverse applies then get a new graphics card as above. You will probable find that the Flat Panel comes only supplied with a VGA cable, you can get a DVI cable from PC World or other suppliers. If you want to use the Flat Panel for games and video etc, then make sure it has a response time below 16 msec, otherwise you will experience ghosting. I have just bought an Iiyama E435 with a response time of 10 msec!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…