DVI cable where?

ACOLYTE 09:35 05 Feb 05

Hi,

Im looking to get a dvi cable but i cant find one with BNC connectors at one end,i can find lots of dvi cables but no that i think will fit my monitor click here

ACOLYTE 14:38 05 Feb 05

still no luck :( there is loads about but cant find any with the connectors i need.

bretsky 16:06 05 Feb 05

Is this what your after click here

Scroll down the page till you see DVI-A to BNC

bretsky ;0)

ACOLYTE 16:09 05 Feb 05

Thx but its not really what i was after i wonted the cable to connect my monitor to the dvi on my g card,but the monitor i have only has the BNC cable so it wont or i cant get it to work with dvi.

PRS 16:14 05 Feb 05

Is it MEANT to work with DVI?!!

ACOLYTE 16:18 05 Feb 05

I think it will work if i can get the right monitor cable.

freaky 19:08 05 Feb 05

Before you buy any cables you need to make sure that your Graphics Card has a DVI socket as well as the VGA socket. They will be next to each other.

If it only has the small D socket about 15 mms wide, then you would need to replace the Card with one that has DVI out.

Are you using a CRT Monitor or a Flat Panel ?

ACOLYTE 19:11 05 Feb 05

My card has a DVI and a VGA its a FX 5700 im using a CRT monitor the connections can be seen in my "clickhere" in my first post.I have a DVI connector that came with the card but when i connect this to the card end of cable i dont get any picture on the monitor,so i need another cable i think.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:26 05 Feb 05

you need to enable the dvi out using the Nvidia program in display properties-settings-properties-advanced.

roy 19:28 05 Feb 05

Hi!

I think you are wrong in expecting your monitor to have a digital input. As far as I can tell the diagram you gave shows a normal crt with an analogue input. I am pretty sure that those LCD's that have a DVI input have it in addition to a VGA (or analogue) one. Not all LCD's have digital inputs.

freaky 20:11 05 Feb 05

You are correct, your Dell Ultrascan has the 15pin DVI socket. Therefore there must be a cable available to solve your problem.

I recently purchased a TFT with a VGA and DVI socket but it only came with the VGA cable. I bought a suitable cable from PC World, it was a Belkin with gold plated connectors and was expensive.

I have a Dell 15" Ultrascan monitor here that I bought some years ago. Excellent piece of kit.

Hope you are able to get a cable, keep us informed please.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…