the-george 21:08 28 Dec 05

I have a DVD/CDRW as master on IDE1 and DVDRW as slave on same cable. Using DVD shrink the copying process is interupted with message
'Overlapped I/O operations in Progress' shortly after starting.

Would I be correct in assuming that this is because both drives are on the same cable and that it would be better to have the slave drive on IDE0.

I am using DVD shrink as Nero says there is not enough space on the blank DVD. I have just successfully copied by writing from DVDRW to hard drive image and back to blank DVD so this confirms DVDshrink is up to the job.

mgmcc 23:03 28 Dec 05

I wouldn't recommend copying DVDs "on the fly" and particularly not if you are trying to recompress the original to under 4.7GB with DVD Shrink at the same time. Copy to hard drive first and then burn to DVD.

the-george 23:29 29 Dec 05

Thanks mgmcc.

Think you may be right as that method was successful. Using Nero6 and copying a 'mini'DVD from my video camera worked fine 'on the fly'.
Another point - I later found that the DVD player did not seem to like my original DVD and had difficulty playing it so maybe that was the problem. It had no problems with the copied one. Might just give it a try again using the copied DVD as the source disk just to settle the matter.
Otherwise I think this is resolved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…