DVD's wont' work on home dvd player

naggis 09:45 31 Mar 05

I have just bought a second batch of Datawrite Red DVD -R blank discs. Previously dvds writen on this media have worked ok on my home dvd player. This lates batch don't. I have tried writing a dvd file which worked on the previous batch but no good.
Can anyone tell me what is going on.

fitcher 12:23 31 Mar 05

was your dvds made on your computer .because your home player may not play them ..have you noticed the price of dvd players for computers have dropped to £36 quid (scan),no ones buying them ,and why? they are rubbish in my estimation .lets see .when the blue ray comes out and they settle on plus or minus .

The Sack 12:30 31 Mar 05

What a load of garbage, the reason why they are 36 quid is because everyone is buying them. Blu-Ray work on the exact same principle but with a different wavelength blue laser rather than a near visible red one, given the lands/pits and burn marks are going it be even smaller what leads you to believe it will be a more resiliant format?

Back to the original question, Datawrite Reds historicaly are poor discs and normaly use a really nasty dye, the chances are you got a bad tub.

Confab 12:32 31 Mar 05

A duff batch perhaps. Very frustrating but it might be worth a trip back to where you got them from or trying someone elses DVD player/recorder.

fitcher - DVD writers have not dropped in price because they are naff and no ones buying them. Quite the opposite it in fact.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…