DVD's won't play on Windows Media Player?

Simac 17:57 02 Apr 05

I am having problems getting DVD's to play on my Laptop I am using Windows XP, it just keeps coming up with an error!!

Do I need to Reinstall Drivers for my DVD/CD ROM or should I try reinstalling Windows Media Player.

The Disc works on anotehr PC and on a home DVD player.
Could it be a Region thing??
Any ideas
Simac

rawprawn 18:03 02 Apr 05

Just posting so I can keep track, I have the same problem and have not been able to solve it.

bluesbrother 18:33 02 Apr 05

You could try this click here

Jak_1 18:36 02 Apr 05

Is it wmp that is your problem or your dvd rom? Yor question is unclear. I have to admit I have never played dvd's via wmp, I use a player more suited.

If they play on your home player and another pc (tou don't say what program) then I don't see the region being a problem. Wmp is not really designed as a dvd playback program.

Fingees 18:45 02 Apr 05

You must have some DVD playing software installed, such as power DVD, else Windows media cant play it.

It usually tells you this when you try to play DVD with no seperate software installed

Nelmon2k 19:31 02 Apr 05

If you dont have any 3rd party plugin you will be unable to play any DVDs off it. You can buy these drivers for about 5 pounds I think off one of the menus in the windows media player interface. The other way of playing DVDs in WMP is if you buy the software such as Cyberlink power DVD and it will automatically install the plugins. Happy Watching

Nelmon2k 19:31 02 Apr 05

If you dont have any 3rd party plugin you will be unable to play any DVDs off it. You can buy these drivers for about 5 pounds I think off one of the menus in the windows media player interface. The other way of playing DVDs in WMP is if you buy the software such as Cyberlink power DVD and it will automatically install the plugins.

Julemand 22:08 02 Apr 05

you need WMP 10 to play dvds and audio codecs to have sound as well. I have used it and its ok but power DVD is much better.

TomJerry 00:37 03 Apr 05

you can play DVD using Media Player Classic which is free small and cool software click here

If you want to use microsoft media player, you need to install dvd (mpeg2) codec which you can find from net, for example K-Lite Codec Pack click here

john-232317 09:53 03 Apr 05
  pj123 12:34 03 Apr 05

I have PowerDVD which is a "paid for" programme. But if you want a free player try JetAudio.
click here

scroll down to the bottom of the page and select Basic Download.

I use it quite a lot as it seems to cope with anything I throw at it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…