DVDs will not play on a standalone player

RCFlyer 14:01 03 May 04

Hope someone can help me with this one.

Some time ago I got an internal Medion DVD writer -XP recognises it as a Pioneer 106.

Some software came with it - "DVD creator" which I've used to transfer Hi8 video to DVD. Also bundled was "DVD recorder" - acts as a hard disk/DVD recorder with the inbuilt TV card.

One of the options in the recorder to to burn direct to DVD from TV. The final file plays OK on the computer either with the recorder or another prog (Power DVD) but will not play in my standalone DVD player (Pioneer 565). I'm using +RW disks and have had no problems with disks burned using DVD creator - they play on both the PC and standalone player.

Are some files missing from the disk burned using "DVD Recorder" ?

Any sugestions gratefully received.

jimv7 14:04 03 May 04

It could be just that your standalone DVD player does not recogise +dvd, try using a -dvd disk.

johnnyrocker 14:25 03 May 04

or not recognising r/w as with cd's.

ted bear 15:30 03 May 04

hi have you checked to make sure its set to 25 frames per sec (pal)

RCFlyer 16:26 03 May 04

Ted bear - I am going to check the configuration now.

Jimv7 - The DVD player does play +RW as I've transferred all my holiday vids onto DVD +RW disks using DVD Creator.

Thanks to all who have responded so far.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…