dvds will not play after rebuild

dark-side 10:59 20 Feb 06

After a new motherboard (asus k8n) and new 1 gig ddr memory I cannot play dvs. The 2 players will read jpgs and other types of files but alas no vcds or dvds will play. All I get is a choppy powerdvd and bits of audio until the pc eventually freezes and needs a reboot. My players worked fine prior to the rebuild ?

Diodorus Siculus 11:33 20 Feb 06

Did you reinstall windows?

What about video codecs? Free-Codecs.com : XP Codec Pack 1.3.0 is one of the most complete codec pack wich helps you to play all major audio and video formats.
click here

dark-side 11:40 20 Feb 06

Yes the windows were re installed I have xp but I am unsure about codecs would I need to instal them after rebuild ?

MarkAnthony 12:43 20 Feb 06

Have you reinstalled the aspi?

dark-side 12:56 20 Feb 06

I'm sorry but you have lost me now could you please explain as I am not 100% up on all terms and settings but direct me and I will check.

dark-side

Thalmus 14:29 20 Feb 06

What players are you using to play the DVD's

Diodorus Siculus 14:38 20 Feb 06

Take the link I've posted above and install the codecs it suggests; that should get you going.

dark-side 15:18 20 Feb 06

I am using a pioneer dvd and a lite on dvd r/rw and I will try the links that has been sent
to see if it helps thanks

MarkAnthony 17:56 22 Feb 06

aspi= advanced (something something) interface

It enables devices to comunicate with your pc.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…