DVD's + or-.

jack 20:48 13 Aug 04

In a debate about DVD burning one of the protagonists put forward a question that I could not answer because I'm not into burning DVD's --yet His question is ...
' let him tell you...
"One of my computers is an HP Pavilion 140 that I bought in Spain. The question concerns the burner. In fact to burn I use Nero 6 now and it can program burning of vidéo's in VCD, SCVD ou DVD. The difference is essential as concerns picture quality, i. e. A 35 minute vidéo with VCD wights about 225Mo, the same vidéo with SCVD is 680Mo and with DVD "compatible" it weighs 1.750Mo. I usually use SCVD which permits me to put about 700Mo (more or less) on a CD and the quality is acceptable. But inorder to burn a CD with DVD with 1.750 I would have to use a DVD CD which, I just learned, comes in two versions: DVD + or DVD -.
My question is how to know if my burner is a + one or a minus one. I have been told that if I put the wrong one in the burner I could create problems....but what problems they have not yet told me.
I have been told to click My Computer then on the ICON of the bruner with the right click on the mouse then on proprieties and it will be indicated. I've tried it several times on both of my computers and have never found it. I called HP Assistance and they told me the same thing. . "
I suggested Si-Soft Sandra will tell on - but I am sure you chaps have more erudite ways.

TomJerry 21:03 13 Aug 04

It will tell you any information you want to know about your computer click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…