DVD's, CRC's and Archived files

gecko1001 10:08 04 Dec 05

I am just rebuilding my Runtime folders for Poser after putting in a new HD and so I am going through my DVD's which I store not only free downlaods on, but also stuff I buy.

Now the problem I am having is that I am getting CRC errors from quite a few of the DVD's I wrote some two years ago and I have noticed this is mostly happening with the folders that contains lots of zip files such as the ones I store my Poser stuff in, now I am wondering if this is caused my say to many archived files on disk within a folder.

I have by the way tested the disks in 3 DVD drives all with the same problem occuring, so I think too play safe maybe I am going to have to start uncompressing future archives I am going to wrote to DVD and then write them as for sure I am sure the problem lies not with the disks but the files.

Any ideas?

DieSse 11:23 04 Dec 05

CRC errors are merely reading errors. ie the data coming from the disk is corrupted.

Data is data - it's still data whether it's zipped or not - whether it's in a few folders or a lot of folders. At the end of the day it's always a combination of 1s and 0s.

So I can only see that your problem lies with the disks, not with the data.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…