fazer 16:39 29 Jun 04

Could someone please help me this -

Have recently got into video editing and bought myself a sony dvd writer. I went to great length to find out what my (lounge) DVD player can read and recorded subsequently using DVD-R - and it played perfectly using Packard discs.

I can also play my brothers dvd's - copied using the same DVD-R format but he uses a different make of disk and DVD writer.

However, his DVD player can't read my disks.

So my question is, what is making the difference -our copying software or the fact that we are using a different make of disk between us? I know I should go out and experiment using different makes of disc but that is going to be rather expensive!

stlucia 16:51 29 Jun 04

Different makes of disk do make a difference, and I remember seeing one supplier who sells mixed lots of DVD disks so that you can check them out, but I can't remember where. Can anyone else help?

But for starters, you can try recording using one of your brother's disks and he can record using one of yours. Try playing them both on both of your domestic players, and that will tell you whether its your particular brand of disk that's the problem.

JFT 16:54 29 Jun 04

Its the disks, i also had problems with Packard Bell disks only playing in certain DVD players.You should go for some quality media like Panasonic or any disk with Tayio Yuden dyes.

click here

fazer 19:31 29 Jun 04

Thank you both for the advice - will go and buy some quality disks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…