dvdrw interface

audigy 03:01 19 May 06

can u plz explain which dvdrw+- is suitable for sata
hdd,most i looked at are ide interface,and can u also
recommend me a best dvddrive and cd rw that can play/write/rewrite all formats i do not want a combi drive
thank you

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:00 19 May 06

your motherboard will probably have an ide socket to allow you to conect a DVD/ CD approx £30 for a writer

DVDRW drive will write to both DVDs and CDs

A dvd rom drive will only play both DVDs and CDs

If you want to write to double layer DVD disks then you need a double layer DVDRW dive

click here

audigy 14:49 19 May 06

my mobos asus a8v deluxe,hopethat will help

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:47 19 May 06

click here
has two ide sockets allowing up to 4 IDE devices to be fitted.

Totally-braindead 16:53 19 May 06

Theres not such thing yet, as far as I know, as a SATA DVD writer. All you need as the others have said is a IDE DVD writer and connect it up to one of your IDEs.

ade.h 17:24 19 May 06

I read the first review of a SATA-equipped optical drive a few months ago, but it carried a fairly hefty price premium. Don't ask me what brand it was.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:27 19 May 06
  audigy 19:01 19 May 06

came across this sony dru 820a its able to read/write/rewrite all dvd formasts including dual,give ur opinion or suggestion,as for the interface does the dvd rw has to connected to the hdd

audigy 19:02 19 May 06

plextor are good quality build, but their very expensive as well,am looking in ebay to see if i find it cheaper

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:32 19 May 06

The price of sata DVDRW are too high at the moment get a IDE one reviews click here

DieSse 19:34 19 May 06

*as for the interface does the dvd rw has to connected to the hdd*

No - you have two IDE interfaces, each of which controls two devices. Ideally you connect the DVD writer as the Master drive to the Secondary IDE connector. It should come with a suitable cable.

Personally I had a number of failures with Sony drives that I used to fit a few years back. I switched to LG drives and found them to be much more reliable.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…