dvdrw interface

audigy 03:01 19 May 06

can u plz explain which dvdrw+- is suitable for sata
hdd,most i looked at are ide interface,and can u also
recommend me a best dvddrive and cd rw that can play/write/rewrite all formats i do not want a combi drive
thank you

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:00 19 May 06

your motherboard will probably have an ide socket to allow you to conect a DVD/ CD approx £30 for a writer

DVDRW drive will write to both DVDs and CDs

A dvd rom drive will only play both DVDs and CDs

If you want to write to double layer DVD disks then you need a double layer DVDRW dive

click here

audigy 14:49 19 May 06

my mobos asus a8v deluxe,hopethat will help

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:47 19 May 06

click here
has two ide sockets allowing up to 4 IDE devices to be fitted.

Totally-braindead 16:53 19 May 06

Theres not such thing yet, as far as I know, as a SATA DVD writer. All you need as the others have said is a IDE DVD writer and connect it up to one of your IDEs.

ade.h 17:24 19 May 06

I read the first review of a SATA-equipped optical drive a few months ago, but it carried a fairly hefty price premium. Don't ask me what brand it was.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:27 19 May 06
  audigy 19:01 19 May 06

came across this sony dru 820a its able to read/write/rewrite all dvd formasts including dual,give ur opinion or suggestion,as for the interface does the dvd rw has to connected to the hdd

audigy 19:02 19 May 06

plextor are good quality build, but their very expensive as well,am looking in ebay to see if i find it cheaper

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:32 19 May 06

The price of sata DVDRW are too high at the moment get a IDE one reviews click here

DieSse 19:34 19 May 06

*as for the interface does the dvd rw has to connected to the hdd*

No - you have two IDE interfaces, each of which controls two devices. Ideally you connect the DVD writer as the Master drive to the Secondary IDE connector. It should come with a suitable cable.

Personally I had a number of failures with Sony drives that I used to fit a few years back. I switched to LG drives and found them to be much more reliable.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…