DVDRW IDE1108 [CD-ROM drive

Dekka123 15:25 31 Jul 05

I have this dvd burner and it has worked well for the 6 months I have had it. Suddenly it will no longer burn dvds. When I put a dvd in the drive with video clips on in My Computer it recognises it as a DVD. If I put a blank dvd in My computer recognises it as a CD drive and there is no way I can use it as a DVD Burner. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am running Win XP SP2 with 1 gb ram. I dont think it can be my burning software because the drive goes all wrong as soon as I put the disk in without opening the software. (Intervideo) It happens with CDR and R - & +

SurfMonkey _#:@}™ 17:39 31 Jul 05

have you tryed unistalling it and the reinstalling the drive take out burning software to then go to device manager and remove it from there reboot pc let windows recognise drive re install drivers for your drive reinstall burning software thats what I would try first.

SurfMonkey _#:@}™ 17:45 31 Jul 05

ps if all fails there is a flash update for the drive at click here if you choose that way be very carefull and follow all instructions to the letter as you may totally disable the drive

Dekka123 00:48 01 Aug 05

Thanks surf monkey for your speedy response. I did as you said and reinstalled the software and it worked. Thanks very much youve saved my bacon. Sorry about the delay in answering but I had to go out. Thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…