DVDRW icon goes missing in My Computer and Device

Cubus 12:00 19 Oct 05

I have had this problem for a few weeks now. It's an intermittent problem causing me to reinstall XP but to no avail. I hope someone can help. Thanks in advance.

Doire_Bhoy 13:46 19 Oct 05

Does the drive work when you try it?

Cubus 15:54 19 Oct 05

Well it stops functioning sometimes whenever I try to open it.

Doire_Bhoy 15:56 19 Oct 05

When you boot up can you see the drive in POST. To see it press PASUE when you see the drives coming up. Then ENTER to resume the POST.

Is it in the BIOS?
Try and reinstall the drive

Stuartli 16:22 19 Oct 05

Check the leads and cables - it sounds as if there's a connection that's not tight enough.

Stuartli 16:30 19 Oct 05

You shouldn't need to keep reinstalling XP - a Repair is more than adequate and retains all your programs, applications, configurations etc.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:33 19 Oct 05

No CD/DVD or CD-ROM access is missing error Code 31, Code 32, Code 19, Code 39, or Code 41
Try this if the optical drives are not appearing in My Computer or Device Manager. This is sometimes caused by the removal of Roxio software. Run regedit and navigate to registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}. Highlight it and in the right pane, find the Upperfilters and Lowerfilters values. Highlight each one in turn, right click and delete them. Close regedit and restart the computer. If in doubt make a restore point before making changes. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…