dvdrw drive not installing drivers

LABMAN 18:33 28 Jun 06

Hi people, I'm having a problem with my wife's Fujisi-Siemens laptops dvdrw drive, for no apparent reason it seems to have developed a fault in that it doesn't show up when you explore my computer.

I have made a few checks and it shows up in the BIOS and in device manager however in device manager it shows up with a yellow exclamation mark, exploring it it says windows cannot install drivers for this device they may be missing or corrupted (error code 39), I have uninstalled the device and reinstalled but keep geting the same problems. I have even plugged in a usb deive in an external housing but it goes through the set up process but the exact same error appears for it so it's obviously not the drive at fault.

Any help in solving this would me most appreciated as my wife is disabled and depends on her laptop, thanks in anticipation.

Peter

LABMAN 23:10 28 Jun 06

Can anyone please give me some help on this

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 23:16 28 Jun 06

click here

No CD/DVD or CD-ROM access is missing error Code 19, Code 31, Code 32, Code 39, or Code 41
Try this if the optical drives are not appearing in My Computer or Device Manager.
(This is sometimes caused by the removal of Roxio or other writing software.)
Run regedit and navigate to registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}.
Highlight it and in the right pane, find the Upperfilters and Lowerfilters values.
Highlight each one in turn, right click and delete them.
Close regedit and restart the computer.
If in doubt make a restore point before making changes.

Stuartli 23:19 28 Jun 06

The drive will use the basic Windows CDROM driver and, normally, uninstalling and rebooting would solve your problem.

This may help you:

click here

LABMAN 23:45 28 Jun 06

Fruit Bat, I'm a bit weary of of editing the registry even after creating a restore point as it's taken me years to pluck the courage up to even open up my pc case so your help may have to be a last resort, Stuartli, my wifes laptop opertates windows XP home edition looking at the site you provided everything seemd to be for windows 3.x and 95 which driver would be I looking for to download, I have tried uninstalling the device several times but each time it just gives the same error and as I said the USB external drive I plugged in does the exact same.

LABMAN 23:54 28 Jun 06

sorry I also meant to add that the drive installed is an LG Electronics GSA-4040B if this makes life any easier.....thanks

LABMAN 00:33 29 Jun 06

Fruit Bat, I plucked up the courage to follow your device and put the details down on a sheet of paper and followed it exactly, on exploring the hotkey there was only a lower limit listed and no upper, I highlighted the lower and deleted it, rebooted the lap top and result one working DVDRW drive.

Thanks to both Fruit Bat and Stuartli for there kindness in replying and offering there support and advice and to every one else who makes use of this forum......long may it continue.

Peter

Stuartli 09:00 29 Jun 06

The Oak Technologies CDROM driver will almost certainly suit your purpose - it's an Oak driver that Windows loads up when you use a bootup floppy disk and it's been that way for many years.

If you read the information on the page links you'll learn that some of the drivers can be used with virtually any IDE CD-ROM drive.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009