DVD/RW advcie

Ade_1 19:00 04 May 06

Hi, i am planning, in the near future to get a new PSU but before then i am wanting to insert a DVD RW, i already have a DVDROM/CDRW but not a DVDRW so i am looking at buying one, i was wondering on how it woudl affect the PSU. I thought it would be allright with it but thought i would see what other people thought before i put it in.

Currently i have an x800GT (needing 300) an 80GB HDD and a DVDROM/CDRW currently connected to the PSU. I am assuming a DVDRW would be ok with the PSU.

Thanks in advance
Aidan

Totally-braindead 19:05 04 May 06

You haven't mentioned what power supply you have so how are we meant to know? Are you keeping the other drive as well? If you are replacing the existing drive theres no problem, if you're installing the drive and leaving the other drive there then its impossible to tell. It will depend on the size of your power supply and whether its a good quality branded one or a cheap generic one.

Chances are it will be fine but why not order the two items at the same time and save on postage.

Totally-braindead 19:07 04 May 06

Try this click here

Ade_1 19:09 04 May 06

Sorry i forgot to add that bit - i have a 305W.

Ade_1 19:13 04 May 06

the link you provided is great however the graphics card choice is unfortunately limited to AGP whereas mine is a PCI-E. However not selecting a graphics card it tells me i need at least a 250 so i should be ok i think...
(yes i am planning on keeping my current drive in)

Totally-braindead 19:22 04 May 06

The only way to be 100% certain is to try it. If it doesn't work properly you disconnect eith of the optical drives until you get a replacement power supply.

Ade_1 19:32 04 May 06

yeh that would be the best solution i suppose, thinking about it i probably wouldnt need to keep both drives in at the same drive would i, because it should recognise CD's etc that are put in that drive and should read them. Well if i get a DVD/RW/ROM. Anyway Thanks :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…