DVD/RW

iceberg1 16:15 04 Oct 05

I have a Plextor DVD/RW which no longer seems to be working. Although the computer says it is installed and working and there is power to it, it will not play. Coincidently the same thing happened about 7 months ago to the cd/rw I have installed in the same machine. I have ensured that all the connections are done but still no success.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:29 04 Oct 05

Autoplay Repair Wizard click here

iceberg1 12:18 05 Oct 05

I have a copy of Windows XP so can't download this. I have recheked the computer and in Device manager both the dvd and cd are shown with exclamation marks on a yellow background. In my computer, neither drive is shown.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:07 05 Oct 05

"Device manager both the dvd and cd are shown with exclamation marks"

Uninstall and reinstall the drivers for these devices.

If they are on the same IDE channel (secondary) Then unistall the channel , Action - scan for hardwar changes and let windows reinstall the channel and CD / DVD.

iceberg1 16:29 05 Oct 05

Fruit Bat /\0/Yes, that fine, can you work me through how you do this.Sorry, I'm a novice.They are both on the same IDE channel.

BT 09:25 06 Oct 05

Autoplay Repair wizard is INTENDED for use with Windows XP

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…