fenlander 19:20 24 May 04

I have recently purchased a new P.C.

It has a DVD+/RW drive.
If I record home movies and then write them to disc, should it play in any DVD player or would it have to be a DVD+ player?

I bought the PC online and it was advertised as DVD/CDR-RW and I did not realise that it was DVD+ until I took delivery.

I suppose it would have been better if it had been advertised as DVD+/CDR-RW.But it's a good PC so I will keep it. I wonder how many other people have had the same experiencein this DVD minefield.

Is there anyone out there could perhaps point me in the direction of a web site that explains the pros and cons of - and +
Thanks----- Tony

stalion 20:48 24 May 04

try this click here

rickf 21:33 24 May 04

Your standalone DVD player needs to be able to play the +RW format. If the DVDRW can also write to -R format, that would be your best bet as it plays in most DVD Players.

Pearly Gates |X|X| 21:50 24 May 04

Most newer players will play both -R and +R disks.
I would only use RW DVDs for your backing up of data as they may not work in some players and are more expensive than WORM discs.

fenlander 02:57 25 May 04

Thanks for your replies to my post.

fenlander 03:00 25 May 04

All I need to know on that link. Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…