DVD+RW

mdshamilton 12:16 07 Oct 03

I have a new PC with a DVD+RW in it. Are DVD+RW disks reliable? I currently do occassional backups onto CDR. Do I have to continue this practice or can I rely on DVD+RW disks for backups?

What experience do people have? Does anyone have a favourite backup application to do backups onto DVD?

http://amnesia-music.tk 12:51 07 Oct 03

personally i prefer the dvd+r to -r as they seem a lot more reliable during the burning process and they also have a wider compatibility with set top dvd players etc they also work in the ps2 which is a rarity

take my advice and stick to dvd+ its a lot better than the minus format

Lozzy 14:20 07 Oct 03

agreed and use Nero its the bees knees!!!! mind you so is easy CD Creator V6

mdshamilton 12:53 10 Oct 03

So - the recommendation is still to use write once disks rather than the RW disks? Even on DVD?

Chegs ® 13:13 10 Oct 03

I have ten RW DVD's,5 - and 5 + RW's.I haven't had any probs with them(whereas I bought a box of CD-RW's,which refused to stay formatted.Each time I put one in my CD-RW,Nero/EasyCD/XP's own burning software insisted the rw wasn't formatted,or simply crashed the puter on inserting)The probs people had with CD-RW appear to have "tarnished" DVD-RW reputation,but I still wouldn't put Backups of my OS onto ANY RW discs(as finding the DVD-RW is acting up when you need to restore the OS,can be heart-wrenching)

The Sack 15:10 10 Oct 03

You dont format CD-RW unless you are packet writing and that isnt stable enough for back ups anyway.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…