DVD+R/RW can it play NTSC DVD

terendak_uk 20:20 26 Jun 04

Hi. I want to buy a DVD that's only available in NTSC. I'm trying to find out if I can play it on my PC, using my LiteOn LDW 401S internal DVD player. Can't find the relevant info. Be very grateful for any help. My TV- connected DVD player is not multiregion.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:44 26 Jun 04

NTSC is nothing to do with multi region it is the type of picture format the Americans use on their TV system we use PAL. I have not heard of NTSC DVD files (AVI MPEG4 Dvix)

TOMMO01 20:53 26 Jun 04

NTSC is the film standard used,and should play OK on your PC without having to change any settings.

It is only REGION codes that might prevent it from playing.

The difference between PAL and NTSC is Frame sizes and frames per second.

terendak_uk 20:56 26 Jun 04

I thought that a multi region player could do just that....play DVDs, videos from different regions ( eg USA is region 1, Uk is region 2).I looked on the Amazon site for this DVD and it states it's a Region 1 DVD.I can't remember setting up my IDE DVD player for region 2 but I assume I was prompted at install, to select a region. I'm a novice on this one, tho

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:01 26 Jun 04

click here DVD genie will set your player to region free.

terendak_uk 21:02 26 Jun 04

If I buy this DVD from USA, which Amazon states is NTSC format only, can I play it on my DVD player in my PC? Thanks for further response...... appreciated

terendak_uk 21:02 26 Jun 04

If I buy this DVD from USA, which Amazon states is NTSC format only, can I play it on my DVD player in my PC? Thanks for further response...... appreciated

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:04 26 Jun 04

click here you may find a hack to set your TV connected player to multi region at this site.

SEASHANTY 21:05 26 Jun 04

Download the free Region Checker to see if your drive is region free. Available on this website plus other DVD info click here
Also see this google page for other links
click here

terendak_uk 21:11 26 Jun 04

Sorry.
thanks for that....looks exactly what I require. However......may I just confirm that my internal DVD player/R/RW will generically only play PAL DVDs and that I need this software to be able to play it? Just want to make sure before I buy.
Thanks...apppreciate the info

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:29 26 Jun 04

your internal DVD player will only play region 2(europe) discs regardless of the NTSC/PAL format

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…