DVD_R playing

highside 09:13 13 Dec 10

Hello all, cant see the exact answer no doubt it is on the site somewhere?
I recorced a DVD-R on my HP Pavillion using Win 7 64 bit & Win media player not something I usually do.
It was ejected automatically from the laptop, it plays on a Samsung laptop and on a portable DVD player Buy on my Phillips HD DVD Recorder it locks up the machine which shows "disc error" and has to have a mains off /on boot to enable getting the disc out. It is a very short recording, a video. Does anything have to be done when recording completes in Media Player even though the disc is ejected and plays repeatably everywhere else?
nb Other DVDs are OK in the Recorder.
Thanks for looking.

eedcam 09:36 13 Dec 10

Often it is acase of not being finalised though as it playson a portable player does not seem to be the case .Possible but unlikely your Philips wont play -Rs you could check its manual. Itcould also be the disc is marked scratched or something have agood look at the disc as some payers are less tolerant of this than others >Main thing is explore the dvd on the pc it should show as a Video_ts folder which will contain either an Audio_ts file which is empty and a Video_ts file which contains everything or just the video_ts folder check that out please

highside 10:43 13 Dec 10

Thanks for replying - have a Video_ts folder containing Files BUP,IFO,VOB seven in total and all have KB of info.

Tried a new disk same result, stanger because the same batch work OK if used in the Phillips to record from the TV and they will then play on other players but it just wont play discs from PC.

eedcam 15:37 13 Dec 10

Ok dont know anything about windows for recording but would rate it bottom of the heap against most freebies.Check your Help on it regarding finalising
You say the video is quite short ok what size on the dvd? explore it ignore the BUPs and ifos and just look at the video_ts 01_vob/02 and so on they will be the largest file/s with a max of .99 G/byte each how many have you got.
Assuming you cannot find anything to help in media player the I would suggest you install DVD flick its free add the relevant VOB files to it and Just create an Iso image first (I'll explain how if you choose this route) then if that is ok we can burn to disc
click here

highside 21:02 13 Dec 10

Thanks for your trouble have found a way but will look at your link also.
For whatever reason although windows player worked using disk made on my old Samsung laptop (still Win 7 though) it did not on the newish HP so I tried Cyberlink which also came with the HP and that works.
Spent alot of time looking at file extensions as the HP creates VOBs and not mpeg like the Samsung?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac