dvd+r to pc to be able to edit/make new dvd

camilla11 14:25 06 Mar 06

How do I transfer a dvd+r to my pc to be able to edit it and make new dvd please?

Hertz Van Rentyl 15:14 06 Mar 06

What type of content is on your DVD. Do you want to copy it or extract something from it.

camilla11 16:03 06 Mar 06

It contains footage from my camcorder which was transfered direct to dvd+r on stand alone m/c. I now wish to edit the footage to create a new dvd (I no longer have the footage on a Hi8 tape)

camilla11 16:15 06 Mar 06

Alternatively, is it possible to record the footage from the dvd+r back to the camcorder?

Hertz Van Rentyl 21:45 06 Mar 06

You need to get some video editing and burning software. I presume you have a DVD Rom or some sort of drive that will enable you to download the contents to the computer.

camilla11 21:54 06 Mar 06

The software is WinDVD Creator2 and also Windows Movie Maker (although I'm not sure which does which). Yes, there is a CD/DVD RW drive in the pc. Also have a USB lead and a FireWire.

Hertz Van Rentyl 22:20 06 Mar 06

Win DVD 2 should be able to do it, I am not familiar with that particular programme, however you should be able to open the programme and input your data from your DVD. Look for edit movie or some similar option. There is probably a manual either with the prog or downloadable, these uaually make starting easier. You will need some blank DVD's as well, I have no idea whether it is possible to send data back to your camcorder, but if you can edit your present DVD it will noy be a problem.

camilla11 22:24 06 Mar 06

Thanks for that. Will try it out and post the result.

Hertz Van Rentyl 22:28 06 Mar 06

Might need to input files under "Make movie" or similar before you can edit.

camilla11 22:32 06 Mar 06

Thanks again, will keep you posted.

David4637 20:03 07 Mar 06

WMM NO good for creating DVDs, try and use other peoples suggestions above. David

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…