DVDR Compression software

seancblack 12:21 05 Sep 03

can anyone recommend some good software for copying a whole DVD to a single DVD-.

BigMoFoT 12:31 05 Sep 03

I use various programs to do this - if I want the whole disk including the extras I will use Pinnacle Instant copy to transcode the image to fit on a single layer DVD (and if the main movie files are still too big to fit on the disk!). You dop lose quality depending on the size of the disk, but you don't really notice anything. Obviously you will need to extract the files from the DVD to your hard disk - I use a program called DVD decrypter for that

JFT 13:06 05 Sep 03

click here#
Excellent reults every time and it is freeware, although you still need Nero or equivalent to burn the VOBs onto your DVD-R's.

Strawballs 13:18 05 Sep 03

Try DVD Xcopy Express

seancblack 13:35 05 Sep 03

Nice one guys, I think I will keep this thread going, as I am sure there are many other people new to DVD writers who could be interested. will take advice and get some of the software/ freeware you have suggested, and post responses.

The Sack 17:00 05 Sep 03

click here not free but the trial will give you ample time to see if its for you. Best of the bunch IMHO

kane_2002k 17:54 05 Sep 03

IMHO is the best, allows u to remove extra's and reauthor the movie so it only contains the main movie - leads to less compression i.e. greater quality being retained in the movie. Also insures when you put a dvd movie in u don't have to sit through studio logo's, etc. and complicated menu's loading up.

seancblack 16:01 06 Oct 03

Thanks all, successfully copying to single discs now.

acrobat270 16:06 06 Oct 03

Try click here Very useful and full of tutorials.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…