DVD/R

Rhuddlan 18:58 24 May 06

Hi everyone...again!

I am tryin to put something onto my dvd/r disc and in my comp under the cd drive, it says no disc is inserted. But there is and my cd drive is for dvd/r as well as cd/r?

What's going on?!

Stuartli 19:01 24 May 06

If it's a CD-RW rewriter it won't write to DVD-R; only a DVD rewriter will write to both CD and DVD blank disks.

Rhuddlan 19:04 24 May 06

It's a cd rom drive that i am trying to write from that has the capabilities of cd/r and dvd/r/rw.

If it is capable of doing this then why can't I write to the dics?

Totally-braindead 19:12 24 May 06

Not being funny here but are you sure its a DVD writer and not a CD writer/DVD Rom drive. If it is tell us the make and model number of it plus it would be helpful if you also tell us your operating system and what software you are using to try to burn.

Stuartli 19:18 24 May 06

Do you mean it's a combo drive?

Totally-braindead 19:21 24 May 06

Stuartli thats what I wanted to check before we went any further.

Rhuddlan 19:28 24 May 06

It says it's a dvd rw as well.

I have an e machines 5250 machine and windows xp home edition. I am trying to burn through windows own cd burning tool and it's 3 Gb worth of data.

HELP!

Totally-braindead 19:30 24 May 06

Windows by default cannot burn DVDs only CDs.

Rhuddlan 19:35 24 May 06

What can I use to burn this data to dvd?

Totally-braindead 19:40 24 May 06

I use Nero but there was someone yesterday with the same problem click here cd burner pro worked for this guy

Rhuddlan 17:09 25 May 06

Thanks for the advice, will try nero and report back!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…