dvdidle-does it work?

henry1 12:25 10 Oct 03

The dvd player in my notebook is region locked on region 1. My fault I was trying dvd genie and it didn't work so I used up my five goes. I have seen a program called dvdidle that will give region free setting and also supposed to give smoother playback. Mine is a little jerky, probably as mine is an older notebook with older graphics card, not easy to change the card in a notebook. Anyway the question is anyone tried dvdidle, did it work for region free and smoother playback. My notebook is running XPpro and I play the dvd's with power dvd which is the only one that works on my notebook.
Thanks in advance

Chegs ® 12:37 10 Oct 03

I have tried to unlock both my DVD-ROM and DVD-RW with various progs,I have failed on all fronts as PowerDVD is still locked,DVD drives are to.I used various suggested methods including dvdidle's,others have posted successful unlocks on forums,etc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…