dvd/combi oes not read discs

chutchy35 21:49 16 Aug 04

have just got problem with dvd/combi cd/writer, windows xp has checked and found reader is connected and working fine, but every time i put disc in disc will not boot up and when i try to explore disc there is nothing registering with computer and most of the time it asks me to insert disc, is dvdrom knacked or could it be corrupt settings somewhere.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:17 16 Aug 04

What sort of disc DVD / CD ?

Won't read DVD if no DVD reading software installed or codec not install for media player

chutchy35 08:39 17 Aug 04

not just dvd it will not acknowledge any type of disc every time i explore any disc dvd, data ,music anything it does not appear in my d drive no title nothing

LedZepELP 15:40 06 Feb 05

I have same problem - Device is connected all fine according to Device manager but will not read CDs or DVDs - I am instructed to insert media when there is a CD already in the drive. How did you fix?
I have tried to update drivers - makes no difference!

i posted similar enquiry earlier in yhe day - turned out I didn't have dvd decoder.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…