dvd/cdrw drive inaccessible

TrustNoone 17:57 06 Aug 04

Just upgraded Musicmatch to v9.0. Now find I can burn discs with Musicmatch, but have lost the Windows XP facility of accessing CDRW for "backups" etc. The error message when attempting access from Windows Explorer is
" cd drive>:/ is not accessible.
Incorrect function."

I am using a HP Pavilion P4 with current Windos XP Home edition. The DVD is HP 200i (I would love an excuse to replace this!). I have uninstalled the device driver then rebooted my machine which has not improved matters.

Any ideas what to next please?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:31 06 Aug 04

my computer - click on drive - properties- recording tab -check box enable recording on this drive.

TrustNoone 20:38 06 Aug 04

Fruit Bat /\0/
I cannot find the "recording tab". But with a blamk disk in the drive the MBR data displays null point for all parameters.

Interestingly, the disk drive says CD-ROM 3. This suggests a conflict since I only have 2 optical drives on my machine which hitherto have been working perfectly.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…