DVD/CD/Games failures & system crashes

sy35df 14:55 07 Mar 03

I have a new system with DVD & CDR. The DVD cuts out frequently at inconsistent intervals, the CD similarly but less so. Games frequently reboot. The system has crashed regularly wiping out all software which then needs reinstallation starting with windows from supplied reload disk. Anyone any ideas regarding possible problem?

PA28 16:13 07 Mar 03

Can you describe symptoms a little more precisely please? System crashes rarely "wipe out" software - though they may give rise to exception errors and system crashes. An idea of your operating system would also be helpful. If the system is new, I would recommend a return to the supplier to sort out - if you have built yourself, then this course may not be open to you and on what you have said it could be a number of things - at the top of my list would be either overheating or a hard disk problem of some sort. But without further detail, this is no more than a guess.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…