dvd/cd TSSTcorpDVD+-RW TS-L532B drive will not run

petermcconaghie 22:30 08 Mar 09

I have managed to stop my dvd/cd drive from working. I think this is because I ended the the task in task manager that runs the dvd/cd drive by accident! stupid I know. (dont know what the task was called either)
When i put a dvd/cd in spins for 10 seconds then stops.

I have tried installing the driver with no sucess
I have a dell inspiron 6000 laptop
dvd/cd drive is as below
TSSTcorpDVD+-RW TS-L532BDE04

can anyone please help.

many thanks
peter

lotvic 22:42 08 Mar 09

Are you using XP?
Does the DVD/CD drive show as present in My Computer or has it 'disappeared' from the list?

If it is XP and it has 'disappeared' from the list in My Computer but is showing in Device Manager then I have a registy fix for it as I had this problem yesterday with mine and got it sorted.

I will post the fix on here when you confirm that the above is what you've got. It is only a little text file that you paste into notepad and save to desktop then merge it into registry by doubleclicking on it and then you reboot the pc and hey presto the drive is back.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:58 08 Mar 09

No CD/DVD or CD-ROM access is missing error Code 19, Code 31, Code 32, Code 39, or Code 41
Try this if the optical drives are not appearing in My Computer or Device Manager.
(This is sometimes caused by the removal of Roxio or other writing software.)
click here
Download XP_CD-DVD-Fix.zip and save this file to your hard drive. Navigate to where you saved it and double click the file to extract the contents. Locate the EXE file you extracted and double click it. A confirmation dialog will appear when the script is done. You may need to reboot for the change to take effect.
This utility is only intended for Windows® XP, but also appears to work for Vista.
You may need Administrator level access to use this utility. If you do not have Administrator level access, the program will say it is finished, but will not have made any changes.

or
Run regedit and navigate to registry key
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\ {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}.
Highlight it and in the right pane, find the Upperfilters and Lowerfilters values.
Highlight each one in turn, right click and delete them.
Close regedit and restart the computer.
If in doubt make a restore point before making changes.

click here

petermcconaghie 23:00 08 Mar 09

yes i am using xp but the dvd drive does show in my computer but it doesnt recongise the dvd/cd in the drive so when i click on the icon it opens and its blank.

thanks

lotvic 23:10 08 Mar 09

Have you tried just rebooting the laptop?

lotvic 23:11 08 Mar 09

FIXCD.REG
open Notepad and paste in the following text

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}]
"UpperFilters"=-
"LowerFilters"=-

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Cdr4_2K]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Cdralw2k]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Cdudf]

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\UdfReadr]

When saving the file you have 3 boxes to select on the bottom
Filename, fixcd.reg
Save as type, all files
Encoding, ANSI

Save the file
now go to the file and doubleclick to open it. A pop up box will ask if you want to merge it to registry.
Say yes.
close pc down and reboot

petermcconaghie 23:34 08 Mar 09

yes i did try to reboot i also tried your suggestion still no change.lotvic

regards fruit bats first suggestion that made no change regarding your second i did not have an upper and lowerfilter in that folder to delete.

thanks for the suggestions

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…