Dvd/Cd-RW Problems.

Dub Dub 21:30 21 Nov 03

I have a DVD rom and a DVD/CD-RW Drive on my pc and can play all mediums through them, but my RW drive will not let me copy anything. If I try to make a data Disk it gives the error "there was a problem formatting the medium - press ok" When I press OK windows shuts down and when it re-starts then tells me that it has recovered from a serious error. If I try and make a music disc it just causes my PC to freeze up and I have to un-plug it to turn it off. Anyone know what could be wrong? I am using an almost new machine from Time Computers and I am running XP.

Xevious 21:42 21 Nov 03

try uninstalling the writing software, and then reinstalling

Dub Dub 21:49 21 Nov 03

How do I do that?

JIM 21:55 21 Nov 03

Also, though unlikely, check that you have not a bad batch of disks for copying.

Xevious 22:13 21 Nov 03

by that response i assume you got the PC with all associated software installed?

what software do you use to burn your disks? what are you trying to burn? are they dvd's or cd's? is your drive a DVD writer or simply the DVD drive with CD writing capabilities?

Dub Dub 23:57 21 Nov 03

yes all the software was pr-installed. I am trying to burn CD's in the CD/DVD-RW Drive using Pinacle Instant DVD/CD. The results are the same though even if i us Media Player, Real One, or just click "Save these files to disk" It either freezes or just Shuts Windows down.

Xevious 15:47 24 Nov 03

tried restoring windows to a previous date?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…