DVD/CD player headphones

U10 19:58 30 Jan 04

When I plug my headphones in the socket at the front of the computer in the DVD player, I can't hear CDs playing but when I connect the headphones at the back of the computer in the sound card where the speakers are normally connected, I can hear the CD. Is there a way of playing music through the speakers AND through headphones?

bruno 20:06 30 Jan 04

I have a Y splitter which allows me to do this.If you do not want to hear the speakers you can turn the volume down on them.

U10 20:20 30 Jan 04

Thanks Bruno but I bought a 2 x 3.5mm headphone Y adapter from Sainsburys(!) today. The plugs from the headphones and speakers did not fit in to the splitter very easily and there was no sound through either the speakers or headphones when I rigged it up to the PC. Have I done something wrong? How can I get the socket on the front of the DVD Rom player to work?

bruno 17:33 31 Jan 04

The first thing to check is that you have the splitter plugged into the correct socket on the back of the computer.Regarding the socket on the dvd player,go to the loudspeaker icon in the system tray and make sure nothing is ticked that should not be.If your plugs are a poor fit it sounds like that the splitter is poor quality.Mapplins is a good place to go for electrical bits.I think,if I remember ok,that if you use the dvd player socket you can only hear what is coming from the dvd,not what you have on the hard drive of the PC(perhaps you do nothave anything recorded).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…