DVD/BLU RAY playback software

iqs 13:44 25 Jun 14

Hi I'm looking to purchase,but free is better,some software which will allow DVD & possibly BLU RAY playback on W8.1 . I did look into buying Windows Media Player,but It will upgrade to 8.1 Pro,at a cost of $99 . No chance. Thnak you

BRYNIT 13:56 25 Jun 14

VLC should work Click here I've used it for DVD's but never tried it with Blu Ray.

1]: [click here

mart7 14:08 25 Jun 14

Bluray discs or bluray files?

mart7 14:16 25 Jun 14

This should give you a clearer understanding

click here

iqs 15:36 25 Jun 14

Hi

I have VLC player installed,but it doesn't support BLU RAY,thank you BLU RAY discs,thanks I looked at the link you supplied before posting. I installed VLC ,but was put of buying Media Centre Pack,due to the price. Thanks

mart7 17:31 25 Jun 14

try this workaround with vlc

click here

mart7 17:40 25 Jun 14

This says plays bluray and its free,scroll down to "pot player"

click here

Woolwell 22:37 25 Jun 14

If you've got a blu-ray disc player installed then I would have thought that it came with Blu-Ray software for playing.

iqs 12:07 26 Jun 14

Hi Thanks for the help . Will have a look at the suggestions so far. I have a DVD drive,but its on its last legs. I will be replacing it with a BLU RAY drive,but the ones I have seen are OEM,and are not supplied with software. Thanks

mart7 14:37 26 Jun 14

I would download the software on Lazarus 2nd link and activate it before the offer expires,wont do any harm saving it on your laptop

iqs 15:07 26 Jun 14

Hi, I have installed the software,but it states its only valid for 12months? Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5