DVD X Maker from PCA mag CD

Sixosix 12:07 16 Oct 04

For anyone having trouble registering their copy of DVD X Maker from the PCAMag CD this message from Nick Chapman of 321 Studios Europe might help.

"I apologise for the situation regarding your recent Xmaker registration
attempt. We have just upgraded the version to 2.1.0.8 as opposed to 2.1.0
which was on the front cover of the magazine.

This has caused our server to get a bit confused as the roll-over didn't
take into account the old version that existed. A bad bit of planning on our
part. We are rectifying this as we speak and I will have you a new code
issued by Monday.

My apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

bretsky 13:31 16 Oct 04

Thanx.

bretsky ;0)

Stuartli 13:53 16 Oct 04

Good old fashioned courtesy and an acknowledgement that someone slipped up - not bad for something being given away free of charge.

WallyD 15:30 16 Oct 04

Well done
thank you

KMCC Umpire 11:30 17 Oct 04

Has anyone else seen the ceased trading notice posted on the 321 studios websit. Doesn't look as though we are going to be able to use the program after all.
Any ideas from PC Advisor?

Sixosix 11:44 17 Oct 04

KMCC Umpire
Yes, there is a European operation that has the rights - see my first post. Sixosix

KMCC Umpire 10:03 19 Oct 04

Having eventually got through to 321 studios I am now told that the license number given to us when we register with PC Advisor is incorrect. 321 say they have informed PC Advisor of the mistake.

Can somebody please let me know what the correct license number should be.

Sixosix 10:52 19 Oct 04

KMCC Umpire - I am waiting for a response to the same question from Clooke@IDG.com who I understand is the person who deals with mag CDs. Watch this space (but don't hold your breath!) Sixosix

Redk1ng 11:50 19 Oct 04

I had to copy the DVD X Maker folder from the cover disc to my hard drive before it would install. Anybody else have this problem?

RickyC :-) 12:28 19 Oct 04

Hi All,

First of all, please accept my apologies for this invoncenience.

I informed DVDXCopy that the codes they had provided us with were incorrect around a fortnight ago, and was told that they were working on the problem and would have it resolved before our subscribers received their copies of the December issue.

DVDXCopy were unable to send me new codes before last Thursday, but have now done so. The delay in PC Advisor receiving the correct codes has lead to a small percentage of our readers (approx. 200 out of 87,000) being sent outdated codes.

The new codes are now on the site and any readers who have registered from around 12.00pm today will receive a valid License ID and password which should allow them to use their software.

DVD X Maker is being supported in the UK by DVDXCopy - a UK company which still sells and supports some of the former 321 Studios' products.
If you have any problems with the codes you initially received (if you registered before noon today), please return to click here and complete the form again. You will then receive correct information and will be able to successfully install and use the software.

If you have already re-registered, and are having problems using the new codes, please contact DVDXCopy on 0845 166 2973.

SixoSix - I don't seem to have recieved an email from you, but my email address is richard_clooke@idg.com. Your email may be forwarded to me from our IT staff, but if you have any further queries, please contact me via the email address above.

kind regards

Richard Clooke

CD Editor

Caskstrength60 18:19 19 Oct 04

Hi , when i try to activate "online" (via broadband connection) all i'm getting is "can't find server " , only problem is i'm at work all day and just made it back in time for the end of the opening hours of the helpline .Anyone had any success ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…