DVD X Copy Xpress-Playback problems.

Steve-234439 20:57 02 Nov 03

This isn?t technically a pc problem.
I am using DVD X Copy Xpress to back up my kids DVD?s which are becoming scratched etc.
The whole process works fine but it?s the playback on my Toshiba SD 220E Multi Region player that?s the problem.
When I try to view the backed up disk on my Toshiba DVD player it either freezes or turns itself off!! after the ?DVD Backup? warning message and just before the movie starts.
Viewing the Backed up movie on either my pc or my Goodmans portable dvd player is no problem it?s only on my main DVD player which has the problem.
The Toshiba DVD player will play burnt DVD?s of home videos I have created using Sonic/Roxio.
Is there anything I can do to over come the problem????

rickf 21:06 02 Nov 03

You might try another make of the media you are using. I have problems with some makes of media and have experimented with a few. Thus far I have found Bulkpaq by Ritek the most reliable, at least with my standalone, Acoustic Solutions, player. Incidentally, they are also the cheapest. I use +Rws and they cost ?1.30 each.
Hope this helps.

chuds 21:08 02 Nov 03

Is it a DVD- or DVD+ backupcopy?
I do not think that this player supports DVD+, at least that is what websites say.

rickf 21:12 02 Nov 03

Yes, apart from what I have said do as chuds suggests. Make sure your player is capable of playing the media.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…