DVD Wrter Questions

willo500 12:57 14 Mar 04

Hi All,

I have a p4 1.8GHz processor with 768Mb SDRAM. Will this be sufficient to make DVDs from my digital camcorder? So far I have edited movies with no problem using pinnacle studio 8 but I notice on their website they say I should have 2GHZ processor to burn DVDs.

If it is fine should I fit the DVD RW drive where my old DVD Drive is not or where my CDRW drive is?

Thanks

g0nvs 13:08 14 Mar 04

You should have no problems with your system.
Replace your DVD Rom with a DVD RW, just make sure you set the DVD RW to the same setting as your DVD Rom i.e. Slave or Master.

willo500 14:34 14 Mar 04

Thanks I will give it a go then

bremner 14:41 14 Mar 04

The DVD Writer will also write to CD's I would replace the existing CD RW drive with the DVD Writer,leaving the existing DVD Rom drive.

This will allow you to make back ups of your DVD's as well as CD's quicker than having to swap and change disks if you only have the DVD burner capable of playing DVD's.

willo500 15:14 14 Mar 04

Fair point bremner. I assume you also believe that my system should be capable of burning movies as I described.

Does everyone go along with the pc advisor recommended drives? I am leaning toward the LG they recommend.

bremner 15:19 14 Mar 04

Yes your system is sufficient to burn movies.

I would look at the latest 8x burners click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…